Basic Medication Training for Unlicensed Personnel in Georgia's Personal Care and Other Assisted Living Homes
This is an annual subscription that provides Basic Medication Administration Training with a Supervisor's Skill Assessment Outline for Personal Care Homes and other Assisted Living venues in the State of Georgia. With this product you can train an unlimited number of staff annually and send the review questions to us and allow our staff to have a role in polishing your personnel. The focus is on assistance with self-administered medications by unlicensed personnel.
Table of Contents:
1. Course Introduction
2. How are meds to be defined and administered?
3. What could go wrong?
4. Medication affects on the human body
5. How can you learn about specific medications?
6. “Nevers” Associated with Medication Administration
7. Basic Medication Security Principles
8. When a Medication Should Not be Given
9. What Constitutes a Medication Error
10. Major Routes, Dosage Forms and Med Storage
11. Handling “AS Needed” Medications, PRN
12. Making Arrangement for when the Resident is Away
13. Common Medication Abbreviations, Routes, Terms
14. Medication Labels and Documentation Basics
15. Missed Medication Procedure
16. General Procedure for Administering Oral Medications
17. General Procedure for Administering Topical Meds
18. General Procedure for Administering Eye Drops
19. General Procedure for Administering Ear Drops
20. General Procedure for Administering Nose Spray/Drops
21. General Procedure for Administering Rectal Meds
22. General Procedure for Administering Vaginal Meds
23. 5 Rights of Passing Medications
24. Review Questions.
Delivery: You are ordering a printable product. Generally within four hours the product is sent to you via email along with instructions for how to return the review questions for validation of completion. This could be longer on weekends and holidays. If you prefer to use the online school please browse the library at: directcaretrng.pathwright.com.